Inspiring Style: Altuzarra for Target9/12/2014
What You Need to Know
- Available Sunday, Sept. 14
- About 50 pieces in the collection
- Prices range from $18 to $90
- Collection sold in stores and online (Target.com & Net-A-Porter)
- Most pieces are available at Target.com, Net-A-Porter and at Target stores
- Some pieces are exclusively at Target.com
- Some pieces are not available in stores, but online only
- 1970s style of trenches, boho and high slits
- Accessories like OTK boots and belts
- Check the @TargetStyle Twitter for updates as to when the collection opens online. This might require a ton of refreshing so get trigger happy.
- Usually becomes available in the wee morning hours around midnight for the west coast and 3 a.m. for the east coast. Fortunately, it's Sunday morning so you'll have time to get your sleep back.
- Would recommend you shop your local Target store so you can touch the fabric and try on each piece you liked based on the pictures. Countless times I've had "beer goggles" syndrome with designer collaborations.
- Get to the store early--like 7 a.m.--to be at the front of the line (if there is a line). If you have stalker-like tendencies, then you'll probably just sleep at the Target parking lot the night before.
- Call ahead to be certain that your Target store will carry the collection--including the accessories. Don't be that girl on Twitter ranting about how you didn't get the shoes (even though you have 20 other pieces in your cart).
- Use my post to determine your favorites beforehand so you don't have to browse the entire 50-piece collection when it's time to checkout. Chances are, if you aren't fast enough you'll lose everything in your cart...and cry. But definitely check out the interactive lookbook on Target's site to see all the pieces and some styling options too.
- Don't be lame and hoard a million pieces (that you're probably trying to re-sell on eBay). That's just rude and unfair. If you do that I hope someone slaps you. Hard.