The main takeaway from January's What I'm Loving post is that a girl can never have too many pairs of shoes. Someone quite wise once said that.
You'd think that I'd have winter boots on my mind at the end of January, but that's totally not the case. I'm just ready for the warmer months and the warmer clothing styles that come with that. That's why I have these lace-up ballet flats on my mind. It's like a dainty edge that I can't live without. The Miu Miu flats are obviously on the pricier side, but these are some awesome ones under $40 from Nastygal that you'll love, too.
So now you might be saying to yourself, Cheryl -- you don't make any sense. How can I love ballet flats and warm temperatures but be into colorful faux fur coats? It could be because I want to have my cake and eat it, too. It's not even like I want the coat for its ability to keep me warm. I just love all the colors. I feel like a faux fur coat is one of the only times it's OK to be vibrant and loud without anyone noticing. | multi colored | burgundy gray | brown neutrals |
When it comes to fashion mags, I usually stick to InStyle, but when it comes to anything else, I'm all about my Entertainment Weekly. One of my friends recently got me a subscription to it, and it's honestly the best gift ever for me. I don't necessarily care about celebrity news, but I love learning about movies, music, books and TV shows. EW is seriously like my bible. Why else do you think I have an entire category on the Muse all about entertainment and reviews.
Pom Pom Flats
For this month, I couldn't just do one type of shoe. Not when these pom pom flats caught my eye as well! I mean, how adorable, especially right now when putting pom poms on anything and everything just works. In December I actually donated about 6-10 pairs of shoes, and I was really excited to clear out my closet. But now I feel like I donated the old shoes just to make room for new ones, like these from Forever 21!
I was also featured in Independent Fashion Bloggers' Links a la Mode this week for my Beauty and Tech post from the other day. See all the featured posts below.
Links à la Mode, January 26th
- Adorned in Armor: Persevere (Keep Holding On!)
- Grazielle Camilleri: The Only Way is Up
- Jessica Sheppard: Pantene Color of the Year with Ruthie Ridley
- Les Assorties: Set Design in Fashion Retail: Sabrina Lee Hammon
- Lil Miss JBStyle: Myths
- Lucy Van Dean: Negativity on the Internet
- Middle of Somewhere Blog: Suede OTK Boots Under $75
- Moda Addicted: Daytime Pajama Trend
- Muggle Fashion: What to Wear to the Beach - Indian Wear as Beach Wear
- Oh to Be a Muse Beauty and the Tech
- Red Reticule: Cable Knits x Flare Sleeves
- Saccharine Soul: Helpful Tips for Online Shopping Like a Pro
- Style Mouse: Would You Wear Glitter Shoes?
- Style with Nihan: Winter Essential: Faux Fur Leopard Coat
- The Urbanista: Things You Should Ask Yourself to Appreciate the Year