The Pieces I Wore
WWDMAGIC was such a fun time, that I never really thought about taking outfit photos. I was too busy thinking about the panels I had to speak on like what's trending in womenswear, accessories and so on. But I did manage to take a few shots. And then there was that one time when someone mistook me for Gabrielle Union.Love the turban twist headband? It's from Three Bird Nest and became a staple both during MAGIC MARKET WEEK and after. Also diggin' the top and skirt? These are pieces I borrowed for a panel from the amazing House of Perna. And the shoes? Yea, those are my super hot Jinxy heels by Chinese Laundry.
The People I Met
I spent the entire week walking around the football field sized convention center, taking in the beautiful brands and meeting many great people. I also met some faces you might be familiar with, but if not, I'll introduce.
The lovely Amanda Perna of the brand House of Perna. She makes the most amazing pieces that meld style and function, and she's the nicest girl in the world. Check out House of Perna, like now.
Oh, and I was also able to interview Kristin Cavallari for her Chinese Laundry shoe line (she's totally down to earth and easy to talk to); took a quick photo with Snooki and got a few shots of RHOC Alexis Bellino.
The Products I Loved
Now, the meat and potatoes of WWDMAGIC. Three days were spent visiting many booths that were located in the Las Vegas Convention Center. I perused FN PLATFORM, where I was immersed in rows and rows of shoes. I headed over to WWDMAGIC WHITE where I was able to connect with many emerging designers. And I just stopped by a lot of brands that I hadn't heard of before the event simply because I was so interested in learning more about their great products. So let's get on with it already.
| Golden baubles by Australian-based brand Stella Nemiro | Trying out some fun sunglasses | My go-to carryall luggage bag by Cabrelli & Co | Liked the white tiger necklace I wore on Monday? Here are some other pieces from the same great brand, Suzywan Deluxe | Shared these on a panel |The Top 10 WWDMAGIC Discoveries
1. Wear flat shoes because they are your friend. There is way too much ground to cover to spend it in heels.
2. See a brand that you like? Don't be afraid to go up and make their acquaintance.
3. Tempo Design Group is a brand that makes Sedona-inspired bracelets that are fabulous.
4. Vegas is way better with a great group of fashion-forward girlfriends dressed in PJ Salvage jammies.
5. Bright colored midi skirts are all the rage and are quickly becoming one of my favorite fashion trends.
6. Name brands are great, but spend time learning about the Emerging Designers who have a lot to offer.
7. Discovered the brands Lush and JOA and they're both on my must-have list.
8. Contrast color shift dresses with floral patterns are to die for.
9. Brands are really starting to take bloggers into consideration when it comes to marketing.
10. Bring your charger, your camera and your business cards.
What do you think of my pictures from WWDMAGIC?