First of all, nail tape is a bit of a bitch to work with. It's not easy finding where it starts after you've set the reel down for a while. Also, if you don't apply it completely straight, then it will look like a total mess when you remove it (hence, why this is no longer a negative space mani post). But, I was able to get a lot of colors for chump change, so at least I can try, try again until I 100% succeed. But it does look like a Tiffany & Co. box.
- Apply Sally Hansen nail thickener as base coat (let fully dry)
- Apply 2 coats of Sally Hansen miracle gel in B Girl (let fully dry -- for real)
- Add strips of nail tape in the color of your choice, and in the design of your choice
- I decided to double up on the tape so that it looked bolder
- Also, I stuck with horizontal lines since this was my first time using nail tape
- When applying the tape, you can follow the simple rule of "measure twice, cut once" or you can choose to wrap the tape around and then cut afterward
- Apply Milani color statement top coat