So this week I made a change. I started a different workout routine (I go to the gym six days a week). I've cut out processed carbs as well. If you know anything about me, then you know that carbs are my homeboy. But I didn't think it was going to be possible for me to see a change in my body without getting rid of them during the week (I treat myself on the weekends).
And I've been taking a multivitamin since the beginning of 2016, but I recently added a hair, skin and nails vitamin along with something great that I discovered called Vital Proteins. Vital Proteins is a company that makes drinkable collagen formulas that are made from sustainably sourced ingredients. I have both the Marine Collagen and the Collagen Beauty Greens.
The collagen protein found in these formulas aid with your health and wellness from within. They prevent the onset signs of aging (which means I'll look like I'm 17 for the rest of my life); they improve digestion, which in turn, improves skin issues like eczema (which I have) and acne; and they strengthen hair and nails. So all of this improves you from the inside out.
Come take a look at my weekly fitness and eating routine. This is based off inspiration from this, but has been revised slightly to suit my personal needs. I eat whatever I want on the weekends.
- One egg (or egg whites) and two slices of bacon
- Nonfat caramel latte
After Workout Meal
- Protein Shake: Vital Proteins, Whey Protein, Unsweetened Almond Milk, Ice, Chia Seeds (sometimes includes kale, 1/2 banana and 1/2 avocado) -- blended
- Nutty Cranberry Salad - organic spring mix, cranberries, feta cheese, walnuts, almonds
- OR: Spinach Pow Salad - organic baby spinach, grilled chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, almonds, cranberries
- 4oz Shredded Chicken Breast
- Beef Jerky
- Fiber One Bars
- Balanced Breaks
- Chobani Greek Yogurt
- Halo Top Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Sunday + Tuesday + Thursday
- Treadmill - 3.5mph max incline uphill - 15 minutes
- Stairmaster - Level 5 - 5 minutes
- Row Machine - 10 minutes
- Leg Press - 100lbs, 3x10
- Walking Lunges - 15lbs dumbbells each hand, 4x10
- Leg Curls - 50lbs, 3x10
- Leg Extensions - 50lbs, 3x10
- Adductor Machine - 70lbs, 3x10
- Abductor Machine - 70lbs, 3x10
- Bicep Dumbbell Curls - 15lbs, 3x10
- Tricep Extensions - 20lbs, 3x10
- Standing Military Press with Barbell & Weights - 35lbs, 3x10
- Upper Back Machine - 40lbs, 3x10
- Lat Machine - 60lbs, 3x10
- Back Extension with Ball - 12lbs, 3x10
- Side Bends with Weight - 20lbs, 4x10
- Russian Twists with Weight - 20lbs, 4x10
- Single Leg Raises - 3x20
I don't workout on Saturdays. I'd love to know if you've tried Vital Proteins before and what your workout and diet routine looks like -- so go ahead and share in the comments!